What is Acne?
Acne is a very common skin problem that is more common in women than men. In this condition small pimples are formed on the face and other skin areas. Most affected skin areas are face, neck, shoulder and back. In case of severe conditions acne can leave permanent scars on skin, that does not look good. In some women Acne can also create psychological issues because it may badly affect their face and beauty.
How Acne and Pimples Are Formed?
Acne is usually caused at the early stages of puberty. The common age range is 12-24 years. The main reason of acne is over production of Sebum by Sebaceous glands present beneath the human skin. When sebum is produced in greater quantities the skin pores are sometimes blocked that causes infection in these skin areas. This results in the formation of acne pimples that may contain pus.
What Are Factors That Cause and Trigger Acne Formation?
There may be many factors that can cause Acne production. Most common factors are:
- Increased production of male sex hormones called Androgens that trigger the production of sebum by sebaceous glands.
- Hormonal changes that occur during puberty, menstrual cycles and pregnancy.
- High number of skin’s dead cells can also cause this issue.
- Acne is supposed to be a hereditary disease. If parents have this problem then it may also appear in their children.
- Acne can also be caused by the reaction of some chemicals like medicines, cosmetics, oils, creams etc.
Is There Any Treatment of Acne In Homeopathy?
Yes, Acne in both men and women can be successfully treated in homeopathy.
How Acne is Treated Using Homeopathic Medicines?
Please note that there are many types of Acne like Acne Vulgaris, Acne rosacea, Acne keloidalis nuchae, Acne cosmetica, Acne medicamentosa etc. A good homeopathic doctor should first examine the patient’s condition and symptoms before giving any medicines. Usually following medicines are used to treat different types of Acne:
Pulsatilla– This medicine is usually used to cure Acne in young girls
Hepar sulpur – When Acne is of Pustular Nature this medicine can be very effective.
Sulphur – Usually sulphur is the best medicine for all types of skin issues including Acne.
Please note that it is not recommended to use any medicine without consulting a skilled Homeopathic Doctor.