What is Diabetes Mellitus?
Diabetes Mellitus is the most common form of diabetes. Generally people are affected with it due to the deficiency of their pancreatic hormone insulin that eventually leads to the failure of metabolizing sugars and starch. Sugars that build up in patients blood and urine, and the by-products of fat metabolism upset acid–base balance of patient’s blood. It is a very dangerous situation because it may also lead to convulsions and coma.
Main Symptoms of Diabetes Mellitus
If a person feels that he or she is suffering from diabetes mellitus then it is highly advisable to consult a doctor and discuss the situation in detail with him so that he may diagnose the problem. The common symptoms associated with diabetes mellitus are discussed below:
- Frequent urination is one of the symptoms of diabetes mellitus. If you feel the urge to urinate quite often then you should definitely consult a doctor to seek his advice.
- Another symptom of diabetes mellitus is excessive thirst, no matter how much water you drink.
- Sudden weight loss is also an indication of this disease.
- If your appetite has increased significantly and you are hungry most of the time then it may also be a symptom of diabetes mellitus.
- If your vision is keep on changing suddenly then it is not a good sign and it may be due to diabates mellitus.
- Similarly if you feel numbness in your hands or feet, you remain tired mostly, your skin has become dark or you are receiving more infections than normal routine then all these things indicate that either you are a diabatic or you are about to become the victim of this disease.
What Causes Diabetes?
The causes of this medical problem vary as they depend on patient’s inheritance, ethnicity, health and environmental issues. Since diabetes is of two types therefore let us discuss the causes of both types of diabetes separately.
Causes of Type 1 diabetes:
Although there isn’t any particular cause of type 1 diabetes but if you are suffering from the disease then it may be caused by the following factors:
- Infection caused by specific bacteria
- Chemical toxins that have entered in your body through food
- Anonymous constituent that may cause autoimmune reaction
- Underlying genetic disposition is also considered as a common cause of this disease.
Causes of Type 2 Diabetes
When it comes to the causes of type 2 diabetes then following are some of the key factors that may result in diabetes:
- The sedentary lifestyle
- Age factor
- Poor diet
How Is Diabetes Mellitus Diagnosed?
When you visit a doctor and want him to diagnose diabetes then he would take your blood tests to know whether you are suffering from it or not. The method of testing the blood is not a complex process. For this purpose you will have to visit a nearby clinic and your doctor will take the sample of your blood and would send it to the laboratory for further analysis. Lab analysis is essential so that your doctor will make it sure that the results of your test are accurate. A high sugar level in the blood is the clear indication of diabetes.
Treatment in Homeopathy
Following are the medicines that can be helpful for the treatment of diabetes mellitus:
- Uranium nitrate
- Phosphoric acid
- Lactic acid